Monday, July 5, 2010

Panini-Palooza

Oh the day after a Bar-B-Que... many left overs, a hungry boyfriend, and a shiny new panini maker just begging to be put to the test!  Of course it wouldn't be a cluttered kitchen if we had just made one kind of panini... sheesh, where would the fun be in that??  We'll have a smorgasbord of paninis and make three different types.  Oh variety is the spice of life my friends!

No real recipes here, just guidelines to give you ideas...  Jump in have fun and enjoy!

For panini number one, I smeared some pesto mayo on some leftover french bread and added leftover tri tip.  (I like to chop it making it easier to bite into.)  Topped with chopped sun dried tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese and since I have a HUGE weakness for American cheese I threw a slice of that on there as well.

For panini number two I used the same pesto mayo on french bread and added sliced, grilled chicken breast.  Topped with chopped sun dried tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese, a balsamic drizzle & fresh cracked pepper.

Finally, for panini number three I went with plain mayo and Dijon mustard.  Added sliced, grilled chicken breast and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.  Now believe me, I was tempted to open up a package of bacon and fry up a piece just for this one, but decided that was a bit ambitious.

So there you have it... three delicious paninis in less than 15 minutes all with the leftovers I had on hand.  Just go with what you like and what you've got & you cant go wrong!  And don't forget, if you don't have an awesome panini press like me, you can always improvise!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment