Monday, December 20, 2010

My House is Your House... or vice versa!

If you remember THIS post from about six months ago, then you already know all about the House Seasoning.  You may have even whipped up a batch for yourself.  Maybe you've noticed me mention in used in different recipes and wondered what the heck it was.  Maybe you have no clue what I'm talking about!  Whatever the case her is another post dedicated to one of my favorite things to have in the kitchen... the HOUSE SEASONING!  (This time with Holiday flair!)

While trying to figure out what I wanted to do for homemade gifts this year, my bestie shared with me her idea.  Everything I was coming up with would have had me slaving away in the kitchen for hours... days even!  She had a MUCH better idea!  We LOVE the House Seasoning, everyone else probably would too!  Lucky for me, she didn't mind too much that I totally copied her idea!

25 glass shakers, 7 larger canisters of Sea Salt and enough ground pepper & garlic powder to create an atomic bomb later... I had mixed up one deadly vat of house seasoning.  Beware!!!  If you mix a single batch it's no biggie, but when you mix it in large quantities there will be fumes in the air!

Bagged, tagged and bowed, I think they made for pretty cute gifts!  And who can't use a little extra spice in their life?

No comments:

Post a Comment