Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm Back...

Yes I've been quiet for a while.  While I may not have been doing a whole lot of blogging as of late, I did plenty of eating!  I spent four days eating my way through Las Vegas!  Too much food & all of it so good!  This little beauty was just too pretty not to take a picture of!  Hello S'mores Pie!

I have a serious weakness for s'mores.  Well marshmallows actually.  Adding a graham cracker and chocolate (when do you ever have all there ingredients laying around?) is just extra special!  My boyfriends finds it pretty ridiculous when he comes into the kitchen and finds me "roasting" a one on a bamboo skewer over the stove top, just so I can have a toasted marshmallow!  Yeah, I admit, it happens pretty often.  Hey, sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Tip:  Wanna whip up s'mores for a crowd but no time to build a camp fire?  Skip the microwave!  Rubbery marshmallows aren't tasty.  You can get the crispy outside and melty inside using the broiler setting on your oven.  Place your mallows on a foil lined baking sheet and toast 'em under the broiler.  Just be sure to keep a close eye on them as they will go from toasted to flaming rather quickly.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment