Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BBQ Chicken Polenta Pizza Cakes

I saw this recipe on the Picky-Palate and thought it looked delish!  It was insanely simple to make, seeing as I went the shortcut route and used premade items.  You can go a step further and make your own BBQ sauce and shred a rotisserie chicken, but I happened to see some good quality breast meat BBQ chicken at Costco and figured I'd give it a try.  I made this for dinner with a side salad and rather enjoyed it.  I think it would even be a great appetizer.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.  Enjoy!

 

BBQ Chicken Polenta Pizza Cakes

1 pound/tube of polenta

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 cups cooked/shredded BBQ chicken

12 1-inch slices fresh mozzarella ( I did just a little mozzarella & added some smoked gouda)

12 individual cilantro leaves

Preheat oven’s broiler with rack places 5 to 6 inches below heat.

Slice polenta into 1/2 inch slices. Place oil into a grill pan over medium heat. Place polenta slices into hot grill pan and grill for 4 to 5 minutes, until slightly browned. Flip and top with a spoonful of BBQ chicken then a slice of mozzarella cheese.  Grill for 4 minutes then place under broiler until cheese is melted. Top with a cilantro leaf and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment