Friday, December 16, 2011

Weeknight Dinner: Pepperoni Roll-Up

How busy is December?!?!  With night after night of running here & there, sometime dinner gets pushed to the back burner.  The next thing you know you've had several consecutive nights of fast food & take out.  A couple of nights ago I was working late and I picked up the phone to call Mr. B to see what he wanted me to pick up for dinner.. again.  glad he didn't answer, cause it got me to pause for a second and realize I could take a few extra min to whip up a quick and tasty dinner.  In fact, need a little help?  Type "quick and easy dinner" into your Pinterest search bar - that's what I did.  You'll find plenty of ideas, like this one...


These Pepperoni Roll Ups were so easy & Mr. B loved them.  I could probably put pepperoni in anything though & he'd love it.  The great part about these is they are so customizable!  You can use a variety of different options for the dough, but I followed another bloggers lead & went with bread dough.  I got the Pillsbury Simply French Bread in the refrigerator section. I rolled it out and cut it in half.  One can made two rolls. 

Once rolled, simply rub a little olive oil on one side and sprinkle some Italian seasonings and garlic powder.  Coat with a small amount of pizza or marinara sauce.  Add a layer of desired toppings - I used Mozzarella, Parm, pepperoni, sliced mushrooms & diced pepperoncini peppers - and roll 'em up.  Place on a baking sheet.  rub the tops with a little more olive oil & bake at 350 for about 30 min.  Serve with a side a marinara for dipping.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! This looks delish, I'm going to have to make this for Joe.

    xoxo
    delishvida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete