Thursday, January 26, 2012

Parmesan Chicken Roll-Ups


1, 2, 3... Easy!  That's what this dinner was.  I had 1.) an extra can of Pilsbury Simply French Bread in my fridge, 2.) a night that I didn't feel like going to the store and 3.) a craving for Parmesan Chicken... and wallah, the birth of this tasty treat!

And no, I'm not being paid by Pilsbury to say talk about them again...  All opinions on this blog are my own. :)

Anyhoo, back to the point.  This was one of those quick & easy dinners for which I happened to have everything on hand.  Don't you just love it when that happens?  As for the bread dough, I discovered something this time... if you look closely at the dough after removing it from the can, you will see a seam indicating that it was once a flat sheet of dough that was rolled up.  You can use that seam to unroll it instead of having to use a rolling pin.  MUCH easier!  Of course you could always use any dough you prefer.  You can even make your own if you so desire.

Parmesan Chicken Roll-Ups
Dough (refrigerated or frozen bread dough or pizza dough of your choice)
Pre Cooked Chicken (I used frozen chicken tenders from Trader Joe's)
Marinara Sauce
Cheese (I used Mozzarella & Parm)
Olive Oil
Seasoning (I used my House Seasoning & Italian Seasoning)

Lay out flat sheet of dough & brush with olive oil and sprinkle w/ a little seasoning.  Cut in half to make two pieces.  Spoon a thin layer of marinara sauce over surface of each, leaving a slight edge.  Place chicken pieces in a row on one end of dough.  Top entire surface with cheese.

Gently roll, starting with chicken side.  Place on baking sheet, brush top with olive oil & seasoning.  Into preheated 350 degree oven for 45 min.  




Cut in half. Serve with a side of marinara.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment