Monday, September 24, 2012

Cute as a Button: How to Make Fondant Buttons

A friend of mine requested cupcakes for a baby shower with pink & black buttons.  Now i know you could go and purchase fondant molds that would turn out perfect little buttons, but why bother when you can make them with items you probably already have if you do any kind of cupcake decorating.  I went through my various piping tips and found 3 different sizes that would be perfect for my needs.

First I tinted my fondant to the desired colors (I did some pink & some black) and rolled it out to the desired thickness.  Then, using the wide ind of a piping tip, I cut out circles. 


Next, using a smaller sized tip gently press in the inner circle.  Be careful not to go all the way through. 


Finally, using the smallest tip you have make for small holes in the center.


Use them to decorate how ever you need and your cupcakes will be cute as a button.


*Please note:  I recommend making these at least one or more day(s) in advance, so that your fondant had time to dry. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi these are super cute how thick did you roll the fondant out?

    ReplyDelete