Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blue Cheese Cole Slaw




I spent this past weekend in Tahoe celebrating a bachelorette party for a dear friend.  Since I had a pretty busy weekend scheduled and 7 girls to feed, I planned a no fuss dinner for Friday night.  Pulled Chicken Sliders with Blue Cheese Cole Slaw.  You can find the recipe HERE.  This is really beyond simple and such a crowd pleaser!  I tossed a few items in the crock pot in the morning and in a few hours dinner was practically done.

As for the cole slaw, this recipe has become a staple in my house!  I was never a fan of cole slaw until I met this one.  Thanks to my Bestie for introducing me to it.  About half of the girls claimed to not like cole slaw before dinner.  Like me, after tasting it, me everyone was won over.  We almost finished a large double batch & I had serveral requests for the recipe.

Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
Adapted from Casa de Soria

1 bag shredded cabbage
1 green apple, diced
1 green onion, finely chopped
1/3 - 1/2 a Jar of Bob's Blue Cheese Dressing (you can make your own if you prefer.  I typically don't care for store bought dressings but this one is delish!)
1/4 cup of vinegar (white wine, red wine, or apple cider all work nicely)
1 - 2 Tbls of sugar, depending on your desired level of sweetness
1 tsp of black pepper

Mix together all ingredients.  Adjust to taste preference.  Cover and refrigerate for 15 min.  Serve cold.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment